Restaurant General Manager - Mequon, WI
- Effective communication with associates, guests, management and corporate.
- Ability to work well with others, demonstrate flexibility, patience and hands on support.
- Hiring, training and scheduling of servers, bussers and bartenders.
- Completion of reports on production and inventories.
- Culinary creativity while ensuring quality and consistency.
- Able to work varying schedule as business needs dictate
- Manage food, liquor and labor costs.
- Oversee day to day operations of the restaurants to ensure efficiency and profitability.
- Develop cost-saving strategies to increase profit and manage labor costs.
- Provide leadership and team building for staff.
- Investigate and resolve food quality issues and service complaints.
- Coach and counsel as necessary according to policy and procedural guides.
- Create and maintain daily/period reporting systems to track business success, demands and needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain high standards of quality control and health and safety.
- Duties also include menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, cost controls, training, sanitation and personnel management.
- 5 years of prior supervisory and restaurant management experience with a revenue scope of 2-4 million
- Experience in opening, positioning and managing food and beverage operations in various medium to large markets
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from college or accredited culinary programs or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to work nights/weekends
- Prior experience with creating/implementing new marketing programs a plus
- Proven knowledge of food trends with focus on quality, production, sanitation, cost controls and presentation.
- ServSafe certified and knowledgeable on HACCP guidelines
- Bartender's license and experience supervising operation that includes alcohol.
Please submit your letter and resume via email to the following address:
employment [at] marcustheatres [dot] com
mail your letter and resume to our Corporate Office: